This 7UP story is rarely referenced, and according to Donald Trump, it was told by his father.
Regardless, I’m sure we can learn something here:
This is the excerpts from the the book “Why We Want You To Be Rich” by Robert Kiyosaki and Donald Trump:
“Being stubborn is a big part of being a winner. … My father used to tell us this story about a guy who loved soda, so he went into the soda business, with a product he called 3UP. It failed. So he started again with a product called 4UP. It failed, too. So he decided to name his product 5UP and worked just as hard to make it work, but sure enough, it failed again. He realized that he still loved soda, so he tried again with a product named 6UP. It failed, and he gave up completely. Then, a few years later, someone else came up with a soda product and named it 7UP, which became a huge success.”
Whether this story is true or not, I hope it can inspire people who are thinking of giving up to press on, have faith, and to succeed.
If you like this post, leave me a comment, “Share” it, or “Like” it at the bottom of the post.
To receive future posts via Facebook, click this button
- Why We Want You To Be Rich by Robert Kiyosaki and Donald Trump.
- The frog that climbs the wall – A Motivational Story About Believing in Yourself
- Never Give Up: Dan Jansen, the triumph of the human spirit
- Rocky Balboa’s inspirational speech to his son
- Quote: Success is going from failure to failure with great enthusiasm
- The Eighth Day of the Week
- Quote:Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts
- Salary Increment Letter…and the moral of the story
- Quote: "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."