It’s all a matter of perspective!
One day a father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose of showing his son how poorer and less fortunate people can be. They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.
On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, ‘How did you enjoy our trip to the country? ‘
‘It was great, Dad’ he replied.
‘Did you see how poor and less fortunate people can be? ‘ the father asked.
‘Oh Yes’ said the son.
‘So what did you learn from our trip? ‘ asked the father.
The son answered . . . ‘I saw that we have one dog and they had four. We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end. We have imported lights in our garden and they have the stars at night. Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon. We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight. We have servants who serve us, but they serve others. We buy our food, but they grow theirs. We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them.’
With this the boy’s father was speechless and then his son added, ‘ Thanks Dad for showing me how poor and less fortunate we are.’
Too many times we forget what we have and concentrate on what we don’t have. What is one person’s worthless object is another’s prize possession. It is all based on one’s perspective.
Makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks for all the bounty we have, instead of worrying about wanting more. Take joy in all you have, especially your friends.
To receive future posts via Facebook, click this button
- Everything Happens For A Reason
- Armless Pianist Liu Wei: “You either die or live life splendidly”
- Story about being Positive: Two Choices
If you like this post, leave me a comment, “Share” it or “Like” it at the bottom of the post
- Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift.
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you’re ready or not, to put it into action
- Video: Stuttering Lazaro Arbos wows American Idol judges
- Story: The Fisherman and The Businessman
- Food For Thought: Why Not You?