You have heard about “when life throws you lemons, make lemonade! “ what if “Life throws you dirt”?
I want to lead this off with a story….
Jack, the positive donkey
One day, a farmer’s donkey, called Jack, fell into a well.
Panicking, Jack cried out loud from the well begging for the farmer to save its life.
The farmer thought of ways trying to save Jack…and he got his neighbours to help…They tried to use a net, a rope, a stick and all kinds of tools trying to pull him up. But they just couldn’t get Jack out of the well.
At the end of the day, exhausted, the farmer decided to give up…
However, he couldn’t bear thinking a slow death happening to Jack, so he decided to bury Jack. He invited all his neighbours to come over again and began to shovel dirt into well.
At first, Jack realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone´s amazement, he quieted down….
A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well and was astonished at what he saw. With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, Jack was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer´s neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up.
Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the Jack stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off.
Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the situation (in this case the well), is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step upward!
Is life throwing you dirt?
Shake it off and step up.
- "You have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you got, remember what you had, always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes, but never regret, people change, things go wrong, but just remember life goes on."
- Quote: "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."
- Never Give Up: Dan Jansen, the triumph of the human spirit
- Quote: "Never Let A Setback Become A Holdback"
- Story about being Positive: Two Choices