I want to start today’s posting with this funny salary increment letter:
Salary Increment Letter
An employee sends a letter to his boss requesting for an increase in his salary
A$ all of u$ have read from the new$paper$, the economy ha$ come out of the rece$$ion.
In thi$ life, we all need $omething mo$t de$perately. I think you $hould be under$tanding of the need$ of u$ worker$ who have given $o much $upport including $weat and $ervice to your company.
I am $ure you will gue$$ what I mean and re$pond $oon.
The next day, the employee received this letter in reply:
I kNOw you have been working very hard. NOwadays, NOthing much has changed. You must have NOticed that our company is NOt doing NOticeably well as yet.
NOw the newspaper are saying the world’s leading ecoNOmists are NOt sure if the ecoNOmy may go into aNOther recession. After NOvember things may turn bad.
I have NOthing to add NOw. You kNOw what I mean.
We can all laugh at this as a joke, but how true…it is not easy to get an increment, maybe once a year, if it happens at all, at a meager sum.
Now we all know about diversification in investing, but how about diversification when it comes to earning an income? Are you being held hostage by your boss and that your income stream are totally dependent on your JOB (aka Just Over Broke)? Well you might say that you can switch job but more likely than not you are just gonna be held hostage by a different person.
And the reality is how much change will that make to your income and how many times can you switch your job?
Is there anything that you always wanted to have?
Have you thought about doing something else but lack the courage?
What will you do if failure is not an option?
If you see an opportunity for getting out the rat race….
my friend, Go For It!
- Quote: "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."
- Video: Randy Pausch Last Lecture – Achieving Your Childhood Dreams
- Running with Gazelles, Eating with Lions
- "You have to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you got, remember what you had, always forgive, but never forget, learn from your mistakes, but never regret, people change, things go wrong, but just remember life goes on."
- The Race – An Inspirational Story of Struggling Against Failure