Steve Jobs (February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011), chief executive officer and co-founder of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studios, delivering his commencement speech to the graduates of Stanford University in 2005.
Inspiring speech by Steve Jobs:
(1) Believe it’ll turn out well in future by taking the unknown path
(2) Find what you love to do
(3) Live each day as if it’s your last
He shared 3 stories in the speech, and this is what I summed up (for myself):
Everything happens for a reason.
Be grateful! (Whatever that it might happen)
You can be fired even when you are the founder of the company! Huh?
This is somewhat similar to the first story
and again….it is blessing in disguise….everything happens for a reason
Don’t lose faith
“If you live each day as if it were your last, someday you will most certainly be right” ha!
“If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today? When the answer have been no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something”
“Remembering that I’ll be dead soon it’s the most important tool I ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life”
“Because almost everything, all our external expectations, or pride, or fear of embarrassment, these things just fall away in the faces of death, living only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to loose”
Stay hungry, (stay foolish)
And I especially like this sentence:
“….almost everything, all our external expectations, or pride, or fear of embarrassment, these things just fall away in the faces of death, living only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to loose”
So if you hesitate to do something because of fear or what people might think of you…do it anyway!
You can be right. If you do it you won’t keep thinking about “what if”…and regret one day just because you hold back….and even if it turns out to be a disaster….we are all gonna die one day anyway, so who cares? LOL!
Let’s Do It!
To receive future posts via Facebook, click this button
- Life’s too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so – love the people who treat you right and forget about the ones who don’t. Believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance – take it! If it changes your life – let it! Nobody said it would be easy . . . they just promised it would be worth it!
- Video: Randy Pausch Last Lecture – Achieving Your Childhood Dreams
If you like this post, leave me a comment, “Like” it or “Share” it.
- Quote: Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover
- The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot
- That’s All DETERMINATION
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you’re ready or not, to put it into action
- Someday (is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you)